Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Math + Folders = Fun!

One of the things I'm adding to our supplies are folder games, so I've been busy laminating and cutting more things than I ever thought I would do in my life- talk about an initiation, whew!

I've got a schedule for our days I'm going to stick to for the most part, to make sure we get through each subject (and to keep myself on track!) but when there may be times that the toddler is grumpy, or I need to spend one on one time with each of them, I want something that I can say "here, do this project for a minute" and they'll actually have fun when they do it.

So here's a few of the file folders that I've made!


Fishing for numbers (K-1st Grade) The inside of the folder is boats with the spelled number for reading recognition, and each fish has a matching number digit to correctly match up. I found some clear stick-on velcro at Walmart, so it doesn't cover the picture of the boats.



Gold fish Subtraction has math problems to solve the answer for by placing each gold fish on the correct numbered gold fish bowl. (These also have the velcro pieces on the back of the fish to place on the bowls.)

You can find the pattern to download both of these games over at Homeschool Share's website! I laminated the folders after I glued the pictures to it, then placed the velcro on the pictures. For the game pieces, I glued them to cardstock to make them more durable, and then laminated them, and applied the softer piece of the velcro set on the backs.


Happy cutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment