Monday, August 9, 2010

Walking a new path

I decided to start a homeschooling blog as a way to scrapbook our adventures, to network with other christian homeschooling families, and also to be a resource for other people feeling like they would want to homeschool but might feel inadequate (as I did!)
As I've been preparing my daily schedules with the lessons and manipulatives I plan to use, I've had a few thoughts I'd like to share.
I was putting Kellan in bed last night, and as I was praying over him as I do every night, I included in my prayer for creativity and enthusiasm to inspire within him an excitement to learn. I was struck with the thought of the alternative of sending him to a public school, and wondered how often children come across a teacher who would also pray about them individually? A teacher who would try to reach them in their own personalities, to tailor their learning for their individual needs instead of requiring the child to tailor to the group. I felt thankful that I have the mind, the ability, and the desire for my children to develope their potentials to the fullness of Heavenly Father's will for them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing this because I feel capable. It's the opposite! But I trust that my Heavenly Father will equip me as I continue to listen to the spirit speak in my heart about raising them upright before the Lord.
So welcome to my blog. I'm jumping in with both feet as I do with everything I feel inspired to do, I'm not a lukewarm kind of person. I over share. And I always hope for the best. Let's do it!

2 comments:

  1. So very true- there's isn't going to be a teacher at a public school who is going to pray over and teach according to each of the children's personalities. The power, knowledge, and success we have when our Heavenly Father is involved is greater than anything so I know you will do a great job at home-schooling your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for you!
    You're going to be AMAZING!
    MUAH!!

    ReplyDelete